AT GREAT EASTERN RADIO WE REALIZE AND UNDERSTAND THE FEARS AND CONCERNS REGARDING COVID-19 ARE REAL. WE WILL CONTINUE TO MONITOR THE SITUATION, BOTH GLOBALLY AND LOCALLY, AND PROVIDE LISTENERS WITH ACCURATE AND CURRENT INFORMATION TO THE BEST OF OUR ABILITY. INTERNALLY WE ARE TAKING THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS AS OUTLINED BY THE CDC, ENSURING OUR BUILDINGS, STUDIOS, AND EQUIPMENT ARE CLEANED REGULARLY, ENCOURAGING STAFF TO WASH THEIR HANDS FREQUENTLY, AND TO STAY HOME IF FEELING SICK. THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITIES IS OF UTMOST IMPORTANCE, AND WE ASK THAT YOU JOIN US IN FOLLOWING THE CDC PROTOCOLS TO HELP LIMIT SPREAD AND EXPOSURE OF THIS DISEASE.
GET CURRENT STATISTICS AND PROTOCOLS ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
BY CLICKING THE FOLLOWING LINKS:
STAY INFORMED WITH CURRENT INFORMATION ABOUT CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19)
BY CLICKING THE LINKS TO THESE LOCAL MEDIA NEWS OUTLETS:
**THE STATE OF VERMONT HAS ISSUED A STAY-AT-HOME ORDER THROUGH MAY 15TH
READ ABOUT THE RE-OPENING PROCESS AND TIMELINE HERE**
**THE STATE OF NEW HAMPSHIRE HAS EXTENDED STAY-AT-HOME ORDER THROUGH MAY 31ST
READ ABOUT “STAY-AT-HOME 2.0” AND THE TIMELINE TO OPEN DIFFERENT SECTORS IN NH HERE**
LOCAL BUSINESS UPDATE (As of 12pm on May 22nd)
**AS MORE BUSINESSES PHASE OPEN, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REACH OUT TO THEM DIRECTLY FOR HOURS AND GUIDELINES**
Rockingham Lighting Center-Washington Street Clarermont is currently offering delivery and curbside pick up. The Lighting Center is open M-F 8-5 and the Electrical Counter is open M-F 7-5. Please call us at 603-542-8711. Rockinghamlightingcenter.com
Vermont Flannel is now selling “Vermont Flandanas”! The Vermont Flandana is a non medical, face and neck bandana that keeps your face nice and cozy! Order a 4-pack HERE to keep your face covered when going out for essential tasks and the proceeds support the Vermont Foodbank.
David’s House is in need of items if you are grocery shopping and can contribute a local grocery store or BJ’s gift card. Or can pick up and drop off the following: Butter, cases of water Individual serving items, such as: Guacamole, peanut butter, humus. Along with individual microwaveable soup, mac and cheese. Visit Davids-House.org for contact info and drop off arrangements.
There’s a lot going on in the world right now, but getting your tax refund is as important as ever. H&R Block is here to help you safely get your taxes done. Just drop off your documents at H&R Block and a tax pro will do the rest. Your neighborhood H&R offices in West Lebanon, Lebanon, Claremont, Newport, Plymouth, Littleton, St Johnsbury, Bellows Falls, Springfield, Brattleboro and Bennington Vermont.
There is great care giving info and procedures on AARP’s website
Upper Valley Strong, is a coalition of local organizations collectively responding to the COVID-19 pandemic. The UV Strong website is a good place to see organizations that could use volunteer or financial support during this time.
Dutille’s Jewelry Design Studio has reopened in their brand new remodeled studio. Interim hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm, and Thursday nights until 7pm. Appointments for other times are also available, just call 603-448-4106 or email email@example.com. Curbside delivery is still available, as well as online shopping at dutilles.com.
Green Mtn Hypnosis is seeing clients online, and hosting free online group hypnosis sessions for stress relief. Find the link to register at Green Mountain Hypnosis.com
Wilson Tire it’s business as usual from 7 till 4 Monday thru Friday, & 8 noon till Saturdays.
At Vanessa Stone Real Estate they meet clients at the properties not at the office. They are following state health guidelines and still providing safe environments for closings and sales, and are adding new listings.
Be-Fit Physical Therapy has re-opened both clinics with extra COVID-related precautionary measures, to allow you to get hands-on in-person services again as needed. They also continue telehealth for those who prefer it.
HP Roofing and Restore Eaze are now providing all full services with complete safe guidelines. And…they are hiring for both HP Roofing and Restore Eaze for experienced and entry level positions, and they will provide training.
At Mickey’s Café in Enfield, they are now offering full service on our outside deck from 8 till 8 daily. They continue to serve their entire menu through the drive through window, plus 15 flavors of ice cream in our shop, and Mickey’s has picnic tables along the brook for take-out picnics.
Ray Coffin at All-Access Infotech in Fairlee wants you to know that they remain fully staffed and available for IT advice, planning and management services that you can depend on!
The Vermont VA Federal Credit Union in White River is still using drive up service only, but are planning to re-open the lobby beginning Monday June 1st.
The folks at Red Kite caramels have closed their store in Bradford, Vermont for now but you can get your caramel fix without leaving home or going out by ordering online at Red Kite Candy dot com. Or call Mike McCabe at 802-449-3400 and he’ll help you out.
Twin State Harley Davidson will continue to be open for Motorcycle Sales through our Internet Sales Department. By doing so, we believe we can make the experience convenient for you by working with you over the phone, so you can purchase your dream motorcycle from the comfort of your home. Please connect with us by calling 1-888-256-0158 or text us at 1-603-501-9887
Cape Air has suspended flights to New York, and is now offering 6 daily flights to Boston. As part of the federal Essential Air Service program, Cape Air will continue to offer this transportation lifeline to the Lebanon and Rutland communities, for essential needs. Get more info online at capeair.com
RiverValleyClub.com. They are working very hard creating and continuing remote fitness content. RVC Digital membership ($50 value) for free to essential workers. All you have to do is sign up: https://rivervalleyclub.com/digital/
Cantores Pizza is open for Take Out, Curbside Pickup, or Delivery. Order online at cantorespizza.com
Wicked Awesome Barbeque in White River has decided to suspend operations for now. Dave McInnis and his family thanks everyone for their support and asks that you stay safe and visit their website for updates at wickedawesomebbq.com
Mascoma Auto is open for business! Car Sales, auto repair. Online at mascomaautonh.com
Bar Harbor Bank & Trust is open for Drive Thru, and Lobby service by appointment only.
Main Street Kitchen is Hanover is temporarily closed but they are almost up and running with their e-commerce website, check back on their Face Book Page.
AB Gile Insurance is open. Their staff is working remotely via phone and email. Their website can assist for further info and appointments can be made for in person meetings. abgile.com
K&W Tire in White River now offering a free Vermont State Inspection for anyone listening who is considered an essential worker, or someone who may be going through a tough time. The inspection is free, and any added parts or supplies are extra. Call K&W Tire at 855-GET TIRES for a free Vermont Inspection. Courtesy of Mohawk Supplies, Falken and Cooper Tires, Dennison Lubricants and…. K&W Tire, in White River.
Marsh Brothers Deli is open for Take Out and Curbside Pickup Monday thru Friday from 7am-3pm. See today’s specials on Face Book and call 603-727-9329
Aumand’s Furniture in North Walpole, NH is open for business. They are taking extra care with daily cleaning to keep everyone safe. They are open Monday-Saturday 8:30-5p and Sundays Noon-4p, with deliveries available.
MJ Harrington & Co Fine Jewelers-Main St Newport. Store is closed, but they are available for special repair or purchase needs. Call 603-863-1662 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Stateline Sports in West Lebanon has re-opened. Customers are welcome to enter the store providing they are wearing a face mask and have not been experiencing any flu like symptoms. For those still uncomfortable with entering stores, curbside pickup or mailing of product is still available, and can be done so by emailing email@example.com or calling 603-298-8090
Lebanon Paint and Decorating open for and currently operating normal business hours.
West Lebanon Feed & Supply is stocked up to keep pets and animals happy and healthy! Now offering curbside pickup by calling -298-8600 or visiting their website, and ask about home delivery options.
Canaan Hardware is open, they’re sanitizing, keeping their distance and open regular hours.
My Brigadeiro has closed the old location in preparation for their move across the street to 33 South Main at the former Dartmouth Bookstore location.
LaValley Building Supply – all locations open and offering curbside service and delivery
Newport Chevrolet Buick GMC – offering zero percent financing and deferred payments on many models, open for both sales and service
McGee Toyota – browse inventory online and complete the buying process easily
The Colonial Performing Arts Center in Keene is closed. Keep an eye to their website (www.thecolonial.org), Facebook page, and email updates. Please call the Box Office (603-352-2033) with any questions, but be prepared for some difficulty getting through due to the high volume of calls at this time. For the interim the Box Office hours will be Noon – 6PM daily.
Lebanon Opera House box office sales and service has been suspended, however the phones are still covered from noon-5 pm on weekdays. If have questions call 448-0400 or online at lebanonoperahouse.org
Hanover Hardware is open regular hours and will carry purchases to your car, or you can come in and shop.
Casella Waste Systems will continue to operate to serve its customers throughout the region. The U.S. Department of Homeland Security has deemed disposal of residential and commercial solid waste as ESSENTIAL SERVICES. For any questions please call 1-800-CASELLA.
Shop from home at Halladay Flowers and Gifts by going to their website, halladays.com. Pick up handmade soaps, and soothing lotions. Halladay’s also has gift certificates available and they will mail them to you at no charge. For fun and practical gifts make every day a little better with Halladay’s. Shop today at halladays.com.
Toy City in Keene is open and stocked with puzzles, games and more to keep you busy and having fun at home.
Leddy Group is open and has many open light industrial positions. They’re open 7:30-4:30 Monday- Friday, but please no walk-ins to stay safe. Just give Leddy Group a call 603-727-0102.
If you are working from home and need help with Skype, Zoom, or other social media platform set-up, Google Attlas Virtual Assistant. That’s Attlas… with two t’s Virtual Assistant.
Boloco in Hanover is open for pick up (can order ahead or order online!) and FREE delivery! Their prices dropped to $5 for their burritos! And they have their warrior special below here.
Strafford Saddlery, at 5967 Woodstock Road in Quechee, is open for business, but for phone and web orders only. Staff is available by phone to assist customers Monday through Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. All orders will ship for free. Please call ahead for curbside delivery. Visit www.straffordsaddlery.com or call 802-765-4485
White River Junction VA Healthcare System needs you for the Coronavirus response efforts! They are hiring a broad range of positions including housekeeping, nutrition and food service, nursing, medical technologists, sterile processing, and medical support assistants. Also hiring physicians, physician assistants, radiology technicians, social workers, and administrative positions. Visit www.vacareers.va.gov for a complete list of positions.
Frazers Place on Route 5 in Windsor is open for takeout. Call ahead for takeout 674-9859
Uptown Bakery, LLC is located on 10 Glidden Street, Claremont NH 03743 (603)542~8606, we serve breakfast and lunch all day. We have homemade doughnuts daily as well as custom cakes, wedding cakes and a wide variety of fresh homemade baked goods everyday. We are open from 5 am to 2 pm Monday through Friday and 7 am to 1 pm on Saturday during the stay in policy that is in effect. Our normal hours are from 5 am to 4 pm Monday through Friday and 7am to 1 pm on Saturday. We are closed Sundays
Windsor Diner – 135 main st , Windsor Vermont is open 7 days 7-330. Check out their specials and a family pan special daily on the Windsor diner Facebook. Phone 802-674-5555
Ledyard National Bank is providing helpful financial information during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Ledyard National Bank’s Douglas B. Phillips, CFA Chief Investment Officer, gives us his latest Investment Thoughts HERE
- Another informative article, “Our Thoughts on the Corona Virus and Recent Market Volatility” by Douglas B. Phillips, CFA Chief Investment Officer can be found HERE
- Check out Ledyard National Bank’s COVID-19 resource page with info on how to protect yourself from cyber-crimes during this crisis, info for small businesses to get through these challenging financial times, etc…click HERE
IF YOU’D LIKE TO REPORT A BUSINESS UPDATE PLEASE CLICK HERE
There has been a massive run on grocery and retail stores since the beginning of the coronavirus pandemic. Click HERE to listen a very informative interview with Erin Sigrist, President of Vermont Retail & Grocers
Great Eastern Radio’s Peter “Fish” Case chats with Emilie Katherine Kornheiser, Brattleboro District 1 Vermont State Rep, to discuss what the state of VT is doing to assist with Youth Services during the COVID-19 pandemic. Click HERE to listen to the interview
We video chat with Vermont Congressman Peter Welch to discuss to Federal Government’s COVID-19 Stimulus Package. Click HERE to see interview
Alex Ginsberg | Partner at Pillsbury Law Talks about the CARES Act and SBA Loans, how to apply and what to expect…listen HERE
Sam Hooper | Owner of Vermont Glove Company, They’ve retooled and are making masks to try and help keep up with the threat of Corona Virus…listen HERE
Michael Redmon from The Upper Valley Haven talks about the increased need for food and supplies during the COVID-19 pandemic…Click PLAY below
Interview with Paula Fleming from the Better Business Bureau (about scams)…listen HERE
Interview with Adam Grinold of the Brattleboro Development Credit Corporation…listen HERE
Interview with Representative Laura Sibilia of Windham & Bennington County…listen HERE
Interview with Elliott Greenblott, Vermont Coordinator, AARP Fraud Watch Network. Stay away from the Ether and if it seems to good be true…. It is…listen HERE
Interview with Shari, Community Outreach Advocate, Women’s Freedom Center…listen HERE
Interview with Joshua Cohen of Cohen Consumer Law. What things should we be worried about during a pandemic…listen HERE
Interview with Casey Cota from Cota Oil…listen HERE
Interview with Jilisa Snyder Ph.D. and Laura Kelloway LICSW of the Brattleboro Retreat…listen HERE
Interview with Anne Galloway of VT Digger…listen HERE
Interview with Mike Pieciak, Commissioner of the Vermont Department of Financial Regulation…listen HERE
Interview with Anore Horton, Executive Director, Hunger Free Vermont…listen HERE
Interview with Brooke Kaplan, Director of Marketing of Darn Tough Socks…listen HERE
Interview with New Hampshire Senator Jean Shaheen…Click PLAY below
“Working From The House” Interview Series – Great Eastern Radio’s Matt “House” Houseman conducts phone interviews with people throughout the Upper Valley and beyond about life during the COVID-19 pandemic from his home studio
- 3/31/20 – House talks with Aimee Goodwin, Director of The Student Rescue Project about the impacts of coronavirus on dog rescuing organizations…Click PLAY below
- 4/1/20 – House talks with Jennifer Karr, Master Personal Trainer at River Valley Club about staying fit while self isolating and the digital class opportunities available from RVC…Click PLAY below
- 4/2/20 – House talks with Douglas Phillips, Chief Investment Officer at Ledyard National Bank about the current state of the market and how we should proceed with investments going forward through the COVID-19 pandemic…Click PLAY below
- 4/3/20 – House talks with Chelsea Mojallali from Silo Distillery about their efforts in making hand sanitizer and how it is accessible to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic…Click PLAY below
- 4/8/20 – House talks with Dr. Ed Merrens, Chief Clinical Officer at DHMC about COVID-19 testing and clinical trials of anti-viral meds to fight coronavrius…Click PLAY below
- 4/9/20 – House talks with Bill Kidder, SVP and Senior Lending Officer at Ledyard National Bank about The Paycheck Protection Program and SBA Loans…Click PLAY below
- 4/10/20 – House talks with Todd Fahey, State Director of AARP in New Hampshire about programs and resources being offered by AARP and potential scams to look out for during the COVID-19 pandemic…Click PLAY below
- 4/13/20 – House talks with Curt Jacques, owner of West Lebanon Feed & Supply about safe business practices, the programs WLFS has instituted to help the community during the COVID-19 pandemic, and how you can get involved…Click PLAY below
- 4/14/20 – House talks with Dr. Steve Atwood, Physician and Technical Advisor to Upper Valley Strong about how COVID-19 spreads and the importance of wearing masks in public…Click PLAY below
- 4/16/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu about the decision to keep schools closed and continue distance learning through June, as well as the timeline and possible procedures to start reopening the economy in New Hampshire…Click PLAY below
- 4/17/20 – House talks with Jean Brown, Executive Director of The Friends of Norris Cotton Cancer Center about this year’s 39th Annual Prouty, what it will look like as a virtual event this year and how you can get involved…Click PLAY below
- 4/21/20 – House talks with Dr. Robert Brady, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center about mental health, dealing with stress during this pandemic, and resources available at DHMC to help cope…Click PLAY below
- 4/21/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu about the current legal hearing to determine fund distribution during COVID-19 pandemic, the latest time frame of reopening certain parts of the economy, and the potential of NHL games being played in NH this year..Click PLAY below
- 4/22/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Senator Maggie Hassan about the latest small business relief bill and what needs to be done to start reopening the economy…Click PLAY below
- 4/23/20 – House talks with Erin Buck, Fitness Director and Spinning Instructor at Upper Valley Aquatic Center about ways to stay fit while isolating at home…Click PLAY below
- 4/24/20 – House talks with Periklis Karoutas, Founder of Strategic Alchemy about the current political climate during the pandemic and what effect it might have on the upcoming elections…Click PLAY below
- 4/27/20 – House talks with Clay Adams, President & CEO of Mascoma Bank about the latest installment of small business loan funds…Click PLAY below
- 4/28/20 – House talks with Nicole Whalen, Director of Communications & Public Affairs for Vermont Foodbank about the increased need for food during the COVID-19 pandemic and how you can help…Click PLAY below
- 4/29/20 – House talks with Dave Dupree from Stateline Sports in West Lebanon about the struggles of small businesses during the pandemic and how the new ways they are able to continue to do business…Click PLAY below
- 4/30/20 – House talks with Amy Hall, Director of Granite State Dairy Promotion about the problems facing local dairy farms during the COVID-19 pandemic and ways we can help…Click PLAY below
- 5/4/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu about “Stay At Home 2.0”, what it means and future timelines for re-opening different sectors of the economy…Click PLAY below
- 5/7/20 – House talks with Dr. Richard Zuckerman from Dartmouth-Hitchcock’s Section of Infectious Disease and International Health about the clinical trials and research being done currently at DHMC regarding coronavirus…Click PLAY below
- 5/11/20 – House talks with Dr. Mark Creager, Director of the Heart and Vascular Center at Dartmouth-Hitchcock about the importance of heart health and seeking medical treatment at the first signs of a heart attack…Click PLAY below
- 5/13/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Governor Chris Sununu about the reopening of the economy and potential timeline to open more business…Click PLAY below
- 5/21/20 – House talks with New Hampshire Senator Maggie Hassan about proposed opioid crisis funding on latest COVID-19 relief bill, stimulus payments, and more…Click PLAY below
IMPORTANT TELEPHONE NUMBERS:
If you are sick and have questions on how to proceed, call 211
Vt. Department of Health: 802-863-7240
NH Division of Public Health Services: 603-271-4496